Integrated Communications Systems
Compact 3x8To succeed in business today, a company must be faster, smarter, and more reliable than the competition. There's a communications system that helps small businesses gain these critical advantages. It's the Norstar Compact 3x8 telephone system.
- Flexible, dependable, and loaded with features
- Get more out of your workday
- Better call handling improves customer service
- Options can be easily added
FeaturesThe simple, yet sophisticated, Norstar Compact 3x8 system was designed specifically for small businesses:
- Up to 3 CO lines and 8 telephone extensions
- Voicemail, automated attendant and telephone support
- Supports all Business Series Terminals, including fully-featured digital functions with LCD and soft keys
Flexible, dependable, and loaded with features.
- Flexible design allows you to easily add enhancements, as your business needs change.
- Moving to the next Norstar platform is easy and cost-effective. Your original investment in telephones and some peripherals is protected because they can be used with any Norstar system.
- Digital technology assures reliability and clearer sound, while positioning you for future advances.
- With one of the industry's lowest failure rates, Norstar is the best-selling small system for businesses worldwide.
- A wide variety of features–standard, not options–save you time and money while simplifying communications in your busy office.
Get more out of your workday.Time is scarce in your business–there's never enough time to get it all done. Norstar saves you valuable time and helps you squeeze more productivity from each day. Norstar telephones with built-in LCD windows integrate seamlessly with the Compact 3x8. Instructions for using Norstar features appear in the LCD window to make using the system easy. So you and your employees get more done–without time-consuming, often costly, telephone training. « Back to Top
Better call handling improves customer service.Whether it's a key client or valuable supplier, every call to your business is important. Norstar simplifies communications and prevents "dropped" and "abandoned" calls. Transferring calls is easy – simply announce the call and send it. If the other line is busy or unanswered, the call returns to you. Tones and music on hold assure callers that they haven't been forgotten or disconnected. Held line reminder doesn't let you forget that an important caller is holding. Discriminating ringing makes it easy to distinguish between internal and external calls and respond appropriately. Paging enables you to quickly locate a co-worker by making an announcement through Norstar phones, auxiliary speakers or both. Conference feature lets you quickly bring a third person into a conversation. LCD window delivers step-by-step instructions, if you're unsure how to use any feature. « Back to Top
Options can be easily added.Norstar's flexible design makes it easy to add software and hardware options for your business, including: Norstar applications such as Norstar Flash make voice messaging easy. Integrated automated attendant assures your calls are answered 24 hours a day with Flash Voice Mail Analog terminal adapters connect computer modems, fax machines, credit card terminals, and other analog devices without the need for a dedicated line. Station message detail recording (SMDR) tracks your calling activity for monitoring telephone costs and assigning codes for client billing « Back to Top
Integrated Communications Systems
Compact Integrated Communications System (ICS)Increase your business potential with friendly, intuitive business communications. Norstar Compact Integrated Communications System (ICS) continues the standards set by Norstar for providing friendly, intuitive business communications. It combines the latest technological advances with Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) Windows on every Norstar telephone, making it powerful, yet easy to use.
FeaturesA flexible building-block design expands with your business easily and cost-effectively:
- Grows from a 4x8 to an 8x24 capacity
- Voice mail, automated attendant, telephone and computer telephony integration (CTI) support
- Easily add enhancements as your business needs change
- Supports all Business Series Terminals
- Integrated Automated Attendant easily answers your calls and routes them to the right person or group, 24 hours a day.
- Calling Line Identification (CLID) gives you the information to decide whether to take the call or return it later with the simple touch of a key.
- Direct Inward System Access (DISA) allows you to dial in to your Compact ICS remotely to use system features, direct dialing to internal sets, and cost-saving outgoing lines.
- Other standard features, just to name a few, include:
- Auto Daylight Savings Time
- Music on Hold
- Automatic Set Relocation
- Toll Restriction
BenefitsChoosing the Norstar Compact ICS for your business can help you to achieve greater employee productivity, reduced operation and capital costs, unsurpassed customer service, and easy business expansion. This fully digital platform brings together all your communications–fax, e-mail, computer, and telephone–right at your desktop. High bandwidth to the desktop – lets you use applications like ISDN and Computer-Telephony Integration without changing your existing wiring. Modular, scalable design – lets you choose the options that fits your needs today, and still be ready for the future. You can increase system size with expansion cartridges. And, you can tailor your communication capabilities to your company's changing needs simply by adding applications. Digital technology – creates a platform for current and future PC-based applications. Special software packages can distribute calls, track billable activity, and even generate reports on incoming and outgoing telephone calls. Outstanding quality – ensures that Norstar is one of the most durable and reliable key systems available-with one of the lowest failure rates in the industry. And it's affordable.
Integrated Communications Systems
Modular Integrated Communications System (ICS)Improve not only the way you communicate, but also the way you do business. With powerful features to unleash employee productivity and drive your business to new levels of competitiveness through enhanced customer value, Norstar Modular ICS is the right voice system for your growing business...today and tomorrow. Imagine a phone system that will actually improve the way your employees work–to help your business do more business. The value you'll gain from the Norstar Modular ICS will be apparent immediately. With every call, you and your employees will get more done. You'll notice and appreciate the difference–and more importantly, so will your customers.
FeaturesDesigned to be both flexible and scalable, there is ample room to expand the software and hardware capacity of the Norstar Modular ICS:
- Up to 272 ports in various configurations, including 60 Companion wireless telephones
- Advanced integrated applications support: voice messaging, unified messaging, digital networking, enhanced call centers and speech recognition
- Software and system expansion modules let you grow as your business needs change
- Supports all Business Series Terminals and Companion wireless telephones
Powerful performance - Do you need to get more out of the workday?There's a better way to manage your communications. Managing the hundreds of calls your business receives a day can be time-consuming and often frustrating. You and your employees spend so much time chasing messages, returning phone calls, and trying to figure out how to transfer a call, that there's little time left for other work. There is a way to improve the way you communicate, so you can be more productive:
- Provide your callers with customized recorded promotions
- Enable 24 hour voice based customer transactions by phone
- Auto-direct customer calls to the right person or department
- Queue calls so your customer has the opportunity to speak to a live person
- Never miss a call by using individualized voice mail
BenefitsChoosing the Norstar Modular ICS for your business can help you to achieve greater employee productivity, reduced operation and capital costs, unsurpassed customer service, and easy business expansion. Plus, Norstar's an expert at communications, so your employees don't have to be. This fully digital platform brings together all your communications - fax, e-mail, computer, and telephone - right at your desktop, The Norstar Modular ICS adds powerful performance features, advanced integrated applications and office mobility for growing companies.
- ISDN speeds your information flow.
- Advanced integrated solutions allow you to easily add advanced applications as your business needs change, such as:
- Advanced voice mail
- Call centers
- Office mobility
- Desktop messaging
- Desktop computer telephony integration
- Digital networking
- Private networking
- Remarkable scalability enables you to easily expand your system as your business grows.
- Norstar quality and reliability keeps your business moving.
Advanced IP Communications Solutions for Single-Site and Multi-Site BusinessesThe powerful synergy created by converging traditional data networks with breakthrough IP telephony applications offers significant benefits to your branch office or small/medium-size business. Whether it's using Internet Protocol (IP) networks to handle telephony traffic, establishing IP-based Call Centers to provide higher levels of customer service, or using breakthrough IP wireless technologies to streamline operations, Business Communications Manager can help your business gain a strategic edge over your competitors. By supporting both digital and IP telephony, this converged solution enables companies to adopt IP-based solutions at their own pace.
Features and Benefits
- IP Telephony supports powerful new e-business applications that level the playing field with larger competitors, extend network services to remote workers, increase portability, simplify moves and changes, and eliminate toll charges on site-to-site calls.
- Call Center applications combine the reach of the Web with personalized agent interaction and customer support.
- Hybrid Environment leverages existing investments in Meridian and Norstar systems, offering a future-proof migration strategy.
- Universal Internet Access for all connected users and workstations, including access to corporate intranets, support for intra-site Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), and remote connectivity for mobile or home users.
- Simplified Network Infrastructure cuts costs by connecting IP phones over the LAN wiring system, seamlessly extending features to multiple sites through IP connectivity and streamlining network management.
- Wireless e-mobility Solutions break the chains that tie users to their workstations, giving Call Center agents hands-on access to samples and supporting wireless scanners for efficient inventory procedures.
- Browser-based Management simplifies installations, and provides an intuitive, wizards-based method of managing the network from any Web-enabled workstation.
- Unified Messaging allows users to manage all their voice, fax, and e-mail messages from a single application on their multimedia-equipped PC or laptop.